Welcome to our Web site!
This site is dedicated to the Roncada family. It is an ongoing effort to
develop the genealogical tree of the family. It is also a place where we
can share facts, stories, events, pictures and keep in touch with new
developments in the family.
This is already the third version after the site opening on 01 November 1999.
All information provided during this time has been updated to the
database and the following features are available:
We invite you to participate in our collective effort to improve this site.
- Search the database and the results are presented in a tree interface
for easy viewing.
- A guestbook exists for you to enter your comments and share with everybody else.
- The pictures space is now
organized by galleries and shown through a slide show. Clicking any image brings
a popup window with the amplified picture.
If you feel you could help with anything, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are the main tasks:
Search for your name, or someone you know, in the family tree (using
Search). If you find errors, please resubmit your data using 'Form' because
the data we have is likely to be incomplete. Please, also
check your family tree for errors and omissions. Finally, to protect the
personal privacy of everyone in this site, the information displayed here
does not reveal any personal data but only the names as provided in 'Search'.
However, if you already have a personal Web page, we can add a link to it or,
alternatively, you can design your own page to be placed here in our site.
- - Find roots for Roncada branches which are still disconnected
There are nine branches of Roncada, possibly more, which are not
connected to each other and it would be a major accomplishment if we
could add more data to it. These branches are:
- Dolomiti region: parents/siblings of Antonio Roncada
born in 1770 and is known to have had 3 children (Bortolo 1798-1886, De
Maria 1815-1880 and Zaccaria 1815-1875).
Search for this name to see
- Mantova region: parents/siblings of
Luigi, Paolo and Michele Roncada
Luigi was born around 1830, Paolo
in 1825 and Michele in 1848.
- Mantova region:
parents/siblings of Guglielmo Roncada
We only know that Guglielmo
had at least three children named Luigi, Enrico and Dirce.
- Mantova region: parents/siblings of Angelo Roncada
Angelo was married to Teresa Besutti and we know some of his
descendants.(Search for Teresa Besutti).
- Taquaritinga/Quatá region (Brazil):
parents/siblings of Giuseppe Roncada (1850-1942).
There is verbal
information that Giuseppe's parents were Anselmo and Isabella, but we
need confirmation. Giuseppe imigrated from Buscoldo, MN (IT) to Brazil
with his wife Marina Fuochi.
- Ibitinga region (Brazil): We do not have complete information
on this branch.
- Caxias do Sul/Farroupilha region (Brazil): parents/siblings of Giuseppe Roncada
married to Polonietta Dal Molin, both imigrated to Brazil in 1875.
- Belgium region: This
branch also originated from Italy.
They all came from the Dolomiti
region, but we do not know exactly who got there first.
- Spain: As the entries in the Guestbook testify, we know of Roncada names
both in Madrid and Burgos. However, we do not have yet enough information for
a complete branch.
- - Find out why street names and places have the name
- It is important to know why. Please check 'Public Places'.
- - new ideas and suggestions
- - news and events
This is the Roncada Family Web Site. It is an ongoing effort to collect and disseminate the genealogical tree of our name and the related family names which we are also part of. You are encouraged to participate in this effort sharing with us any information about the Roncada.